Monday, September 08, 2008

Wallace Family

I love families. I love them at weddings, I love them in their home, I love my own very much. I love watching families interact. I will never admit to being great at family photography, but I love doing it. I notice everything--the way that the daughter takes on her father's laugh and grin and personality....the way that the grandson has the same cheesy, cute, sweet toothy grin that grandpa has...and is just as onery! Every family is different, and cute, and fun....and I love capturing that moment, that memory "Remember when that lady came to our house...." "I loved the boys in these shirts...." "Wow, look at how different they look in just 2 year's time..."

THAT'S what I love. Again, I will never say that I am good at photographing families. I think I am just plain good WITH families. I have fun with them...it's about the experience as much as it is about the photos.

With ALL of that said, meet the wonderful Wallace family. They were one of my first families. Back when I really didn't know how to handle 3 rambunctious boys and get their attention! But I learned--FAST! Carson is 10, Ian is 8, and little Mitchell is 5. It's been over 3 years since I shot this family...and they have grown! Even the DOG!!

I got to hang out with the boys (all of which were polite and calm and listened VERY well--I think Mom threatened them to not get sweaty, so they were calm! HA!) before their grandparents arrived. They had just celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary and Mrs. Amy wanted a portrait of the two of them to commemorate. I love that, too.....something for generations later to see and wonder and admire.

















No comments: